No products in the cart.
Rush Week can be a scary time for anyone hoping to go Greek. There are one or two sororities that catch your eye and you have very little time to convince them that you’re a good fit. But there are things you can do to make sure you make an impression that lasts — here are 5 quick tips.
1. Take care of yourself. Rush Week is hectic — a lot of women are running around with very little sleep and even less to eat. Don’t let these habits ruin the impression you make on your future sisters. Meet them when you’re well rested, well fed, and with a smile on your face. The worst thing you can do is show up hungover.
2. Avoid gossip. Let’s face it, gossip is a huge part of Greek life, but jumping right into the habit from day one is going to give a bad impression. Make an effort to point out positive things about others — loudly and often.
3. Dress the part. What you’re wearing is a huge part of Rush Week. All the other pledges will be wearing a nice dress and shoes to match, and some sororities even have a specific dress code to follow. So do your research and don’t forget to dress the part.
4. Have good posture. One of the best ways to make yourself look presentable and put-together is to have good posture. Looking for a way to do this without killing your feet? Try LiftKits for Chicks.
5. Be yourself. When it comes down to it, the only thing that will determine whether you’re a good fit for a sorority is who you really are. It’s best to just be genuine with your potential sisters — it offers a certain charm that other pledges trying to fake their way through are going to lack.