If you are a man who is struggling with his height, then you might be looking for a few hints on how to look taller. The average height for a man right now is only 5’9”, but if you are shorter than that, then you may find yourself facing hurdles that just aren’t fair. I’m sure you’ve heard the phase, “it’s a game of inches.” In the dating world, an inch can go a long ways. Lets face it, a woman wants a guy that is taller than them. It gives them a sense of security to stand next to a guy that is confident in any environment. With valentines day around the corner, the clock is ticking to find a date. Here are a few ways to appear taller so that she doesn’t pass you up based just on your height. Liftkits is the secret weapon, they take height out of the equation.
Here are five ways that you can appear taller:
1. Stand tall. Most men tend to slouch and not pay attention to their posture. By simply standing up a little taller and lifting your chin, you could appear up to a full inch taller.
2. Stop wearing baggy clothes. Baggy clothes only make you look short and sloppy. Properly fit clothes helps you appear taller. Buying clothes a size up was for when your expecting to grow into them. And if your reading this article, your way past those years. Just saying..
3. Vertical stripes can deceive the eye. We have all heard that people who are overweight shouldn’t wear horizontal stripes because it makes them look wider, but the truth is that if you are short, a little bit of vertical stripes can’t hurt you. Obviously, you don’t want to overdo it, but by wearing a dress shirt with faint vertical stripes, you will give the illusion of being taller.
4. Wear shoes with higher heels. This doesn’t mean that you should overdo it again and wear “elevator shoes,” but it does mean that if you have a choice between shoes with a half-inch heel and those with a full inch, you should opt for the larger heel. Just make sure that whatever you do, your pants are adjusted so that they nearly reach the ground. Short pants with taller heels can make you look shorter.
5. Height Increasing Insoles. More men are choosing to wear shoe lifts these days. These are height increasing insoles that fit right into your shoes and can add anywhere from one inch to two inches to your overall height. Liftkits are one of the most popular brands and are used by men all over the world to increase their height and improve their confidence.