If you are a man who is struggling with his size, then you might be looking for a few hints on how to appear taller. The average size for a man right now is only 5’9”, but if you are shorter than that, then you may find yourself facing hurdles that just aren’t fair. Women will think that you are too short for them,and you will be overlooked for promotions because other men are simply taller and exude more confidence.
Here are five ways that you can appear taller:
1. Stand up straight. Most men tend to slouch and not pay attention to their posture. By simply standing up a little taller and lifting your chin, you could appear up to a full inch taller.
2. Stop wearing baggy clothes. Baggy clothes only make you look short and dumpy. You can appear taller by wearing more form-fitted clothes that accentuate the positive aspects of your body.
3. Wear vertical stripes. We have all heard that people who are overweight shouldn’t wear horizontal stripes because it makes them look wider, but the truth is that if you are short, a little bit of vertical stripes can’t hurt you. Obviously, you don’t want to overdo it, but by wearing a dress shirt with faint vertical stripes, you will give the illusion of being taller.
4. Wear shoes with higher heels. This doesn’t mean that you should overdo it again and wear “elevator shoes,” but it does mean that if you have a choice between shoes with a half-inch heel and those with a full inch, you should opt for the larger heel. Just make sure that whatever you do, your pants are adjusted so that they nearly reach the ground. Short pants with taller heels can make you look shorter.
5. Shoe lifts for men. Many men are choosing to wear shoe lifts these days. These are height increasing insoles that fit right into your shoes and can add anywhere from one inch to two inches to your overall height. Lift Kits are one of the most popular brands and are used by men all over the world to increase their height and improve their confidence. Made out of recycled polyurethane, the shoe lifts are extremely comfortable. Visit www.myliftkits.com and see what is changing peoples lives, one inch at a time.